Week 5 of 52~ Like Peter Pan says: "Think Happy Thoughts"

I'm doing very well in the 52 Small Changes Challenge so far!
As some of you know, my friend, Lorie and I are following the book:
"52 Small Changes: A Year to a Healthier, Happier You"

Weekly changes I've made so far include: Drinking lots and lots of water, trying to set a bedtime and sticking to it, moving more, keeping a food journal and being accountable.

This Week's Challenge is to be Optimistic!


Like the old joke goes:
Some people see the glass as 1/2 Empty....They are Pessimists.
Some people see the glass as 1/2 Full..... They are Optimists.
Some people see the glass full of Milk..... They are Baptists. :)

There is a study that has proven that people who are Optimistic and who expect greater results and better outcomes ARE Happier and more Successful! They even have less stress and live longer!

You know, really, sometimes I am SOOOO good at being Optimistic!! I am very happy go lucky for the most part! I have LOTS of ideas (as you know ;) and I am cheerful for most of the time.

But sometimes, well, the Zombie Wolf gets behind my eyes...and my self talk gets me down, and I dwell in the muck and mire of life. (It must be a Gemini thing. Like "Me and my Evil Twin" or something....)

So here's what I plan to do this week.

*I'm going to put some Positive Affirmations around my house to feed my spirit.

*I will purposely try to hang out with Positive Ha
ppy People.

*I am going to continue my Spa Week, and keep ta
king care of myself!

*I am not going to get dragged into negative trains of thought, and if a negative conversation starts, I will try to derail it by interjecting positive comments.

*I'm going to SMILE MORE. (it seems silly to say this, but I'm going to implement some extra smiling!)
Here are some Affirmations that I like....
You may like some of them too! :)

Affirmations for Love
  • I know that I deserve Love and accept it now
  • I give out Love and it is returned to me multiplied
  • I rejoice in the Love I encounter everyday
  • I am a Good Mate

Affirmations for Romance

  • I have a wonderful partner and we are both happy and at peace
  • I attract only healthy relationships
  • I am with you because I want to be

Affirmations for Weight Loss

  • I am the perfect weight for me
  • I choose to make positive healthy choices for myself
  • I choose to exercise regularly
  • I love and approve of myself

Affirmations for Self Esteem

  • When I believe in myself, so do others
  • I express my needs and feelings
  • I am my own unique self - special, creative and wonderful
  • I ROCK!

Affirmations for Peace and Harmony

  • All my relationships are loving and harmonious
  • I am at peace
  • I trust in the process of life

Affirmations for Joy and Happiness

  • Life is a joy filled with delightful surprises
  • My life is a joy filled with love, fun and friendship all I need do is stop all criticism, forgive, relax and be open.
  • I choose love, joy and freedom, open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.
This is going to be a Great Week !
And BONUS!!
It's the Vernal Equinox Today!



A day of BALANCE.

and Balance is s a VERY Positive and Optimistic thing.

You still with me??

So let's celebrate Life, Love and Look Ahead with a Happy Heart!

Happy Spring Everyone!!!

The difference between

stumbling blocks and stepping stones

is how you use them.

3 comments:

NormaJean said...

Loving doing this adventure with you and Lorie!!! It has been working and I feel GREAT!!!!!


Normajran

MissLorieO said...

This has been such a wonderful start ~ I am so very glad we are all doing this together. And smiling more is never a silly idea. :)

Unknown said...

I'm with 'ya Merlyn! LOVE your affirmations and your positive spirit!