Week 3 of 52: Just Dance!

Or Move, or Jump around!
But to "Get off the Couch" it says...

Week 1 was to "Hydrate" (Trying to add 1/2 your weight in ounces of water daily.)

Week 2 was to "Get 7-8 hours sleep nightly".

The water and hydrating are going good...I'm making a concerted effort to drink 4 Sobe bottles of water a day. (Plus any coffee or tea...and I get a glass of wine in there sometimes too :)
That's a lot!

The 7-8 hours Sleep? well, I'm getting there early enough after a hot bath and book...I crash out solid till about 3am. Then I'm up and can't get back to sleep. Ah menopause, what a fickle dame you are.
After awhile, sometimes I get back to sleep...and I think it's working out...at least I'm resting!
(Am also learning that I have to get all my water in by 7pm...or suffer the consequences of waking up for that too..)

This week's addition from the book:
"52 Small Changes: A Year to a Happier, Healthier You"by Brett Blumenthal

is to Get Moving!


This is Week 3.

Now, really, in all honesty... I HAVE been getting a lot more exercise.
I've been walking my Joe doggy every day...and I've also been doing Yoga 3x a week with a great DVD ("Basics Yoga") and it has been wonderful! My back is feeling lots more improved.
My arms are stronger too! (Thank you "Plank Pose")

So, what I am going to try to do is to sneak in the rest. (Pirate)

How?

*Parking farther away in the grocery story parking lot.

*Using the bathroom that's farther away from my office at work.


*I am going to also include 2 reps of the 3 flights of stairs in one of our campus buildings on the days of the week that I am here on a break.


And maybe....

Dance like nobody's watching.... a couple times a week :)

Will keep you informed.

No comments: