~ Book of Shadows

Today was "Dream/Learn/Practice" Day

I worked on my courses at Grey School of Wizardry, deciding to make one of my assignments on my "Merfolk" class, by doing a research project on "Kelpies", (who seem to be plaguing me at the moment symbolically.....)

I wrote another amazing story from my memories for my "special blog". It took my breath away after I finished it. It was good to do, revealing, heart ripping and somehow, transforming. It's hard reliving this, but I really think that when it's all done, it's a page turner and quite interesting as a story, not to mention, TRUE.

Was melancholy for about 3 hours afterward after the writing purge.

I also advanced my reading on my "Goddesses, Amazons and Heroines" course. Really interesting. From 
the Morrigans, to Amazons to Wonder Woman or Xena the Warrior Princess....

I felt............ Empowered.

As I SHOULD.

I also advanced someone's knowledge of their own self this day. 
Gods and Goddesses Willing.

Played guitar and started learning 2 new MEGA songs:
"Loch Tay Boat Song" (always a FAVORITE of mine)
 and 
"Lannigan's Ball".
Hell, I figure if I can learn "Rocky Road to Dublin" I can learn "Lannigan's Ball!"

Oh, and I burned a wish on a cat's grave for someone to just learn their life's lesson.
And soon.
With tears.
On a gibbous waxing moon.
Then...
I saged the house.

I feel MUCH better.

Relieved.

You know. 

"Wizard stuff."

Because when it comes down to it:

As well I should.

Also, I changed over Halloween decorations to Thanksgiving on my altar/bookcase at the entryway to Squirrel Haven.

I took a long walk with an old girl friend, and our friendship is made new again.:)

I also cried today.

And prayed.

I "practiced".

It was a good day.

I am feeling advanced in SOUL today..

All in all.....

A good day for "Dream/Learn/Practice".

How was your day?

What did you learn?

5 comments:

Lynnie said...

Today started with a tea/cocoa blend and finishing my work in that cookbook (which is a "Witch's cookbook" that was ridiculously amusing in a scoffy way-I admit). Reading it helped me feel so much more connected to my own craft practice, especially because for me it's a handed down lineage and an innate thing. I don't need the "Llewelyn Bibles" to tell me how I should do things or what I should say. It made me realize that I don't think anyone should. I feel like if they closed those books to open their minds and hearts, they would be lead on the right path for them. I suddenly felt the realization that I truly believe people spend too much time trying to define their faith and deciding their path that they fail to see it's *in* them. I know it's not for me to decide but it's a peaceful place for me to reside all the same. Part of this journey for me is to reconnect with my earthy passions and wise craft, which seems to be working.

I also had a friend stop by with stomach ailments. I gave her some of the mint syrup I made from my garden herbs, and her stomach calmed immediately. She also had some of my mint tea with it to help keep it calm. There is a deep satisfaction knowing that something I created, something I nourished from seed, harvested, prepared and then created with has gone to help someone else. This end feels as good and right as the beginning steps in growing those herbs.

I hostessed henna practice with my girls today, which was full of good conversations and laughter and art. Just as it should be.

In an emergency call, Mark and I went and babysat two little ones of a dear friend of ours. We shared a treat dinner (McDonald's) with the boys (who are 2 and 6). We talked school, silliness, played, rough housed and I was a child again- being the firm adult when I needed to be. It was eye opening to see them respond to love, respect and firmness from me differently than that which their parents give them. I was awash in realizations I'm still sorting out. I love children and do not need/want any more of my own. Sometimes I wonder about that. Today it was a cement conviction- one I have no problem with at all, and I like being so confident about it. We have many who tell us we're young and should have more. Mark and I are both perfectly happy with our one son.

Coming home to Big Bang Theory Night was wonderful. All 3 of us cozy down for several laughs. Then Noah and I bonded some more- over making chocolate-chocolate chip cupcakes with reeses peanut butter cups in them, topped with chocolate peanut butter frosting and a half of a reeses cup. He rarely joins me in the kitchen for anything other than emptying the dishwasher and hanging out talking but tonight he took a hands-on helping approach and...my cup runneth over.
I can't even eat the cupcakes but I know how much my boys will enjoy them and I know how much I loved having Noah in the kitchen making them with me. That means more to me than the cupcakes. If ever a food could be overflowing with love, these are.
That time with my son doing what I love and he enjoys was simply magical.

Things are just...enchanted.

Lynnie said...

Btw, I can not wait to hear your version of Lannigan's Ball as it's a favorite of mine.

And I read the book The 21 Lessons of Merlyn nearly 20 years ago. It's interesting because I remember thinking "ooooh yeah..." at some of the lessons and yet I can't remember any specifically. I wonder if that means they are such a part of my life that I don't remember where they come from or that my old age is getting to me. lol

Merlyn Mischief said...

Lynnie, it is so good and right to be on this quest together :) Thanks for sharing. I'm glad it was a great day for you, it sure sounded wonderful too :) I must read the book 21 lessons. I snagged it for the cover, as it seems my life of late is just that. And that's ok :)

Unknown said...

Ah! There are the comments! lol. Took me a minute. I took care of me by going to the Chiropractor and getting my joints back in shape. Much cricking and cracking. Then I too my Merlin out for Mexican food and Merlot. Best Chili Verde ever at La Fiesta Grande in Waterloo. At least I think that is the name of the restaurant. Before all that I got my word count in for the day so I could chill out for the evening.

Diana Baretsky said...

Got a real gift, in re-connecting with people I'd lost touch with long ago. And it was a doubly welcome gift, as my get-up-and-go was nearly non existent. So, even though I wasn't able to get more than a couple things done on my personal honeydo list, I was kept from undue introspection by reaching out to folks who were actually glad to hear from me! I'm not a naturally friendly person, so I'm feeling nearly euphoric over this un-looked for turn of events!