There's magic in the music....

Hey Ho. So, what a time we've had here so far. There IS magic at the faire here and with our friends.
We arrived safely to Ravyn's and then to her daughter Dre's. They have been wondrous to us.
We got in on Friday during the day, and Jay & Abby were at Dre' & Max's here and hanging out playing music. We played ren music and then Led Zeppelin (Abby says I'm the only one they've met so far that can play Led Zeppelin on the bodhran :)

Today we had to be at faire on site, dressed in garb, at 8 fucking o' clock. (it's a 30-45 minute drive...which meant we had to be dressed in garb at 7 o'clock. ) UGH.

The morning meeting said important information such as; "Don't piss outside your tent." (like....pissing IN your OWN tent is ok???? I've personally thought that pissing outside next to your OWN tent was ok..I mean...don't you? I mean...really? who wants to walk across the campground to waste 3 tbls of urine?)
and.."Opening is 9am. No showers cuz there was vandalizism who fecked with the showers last year....and now we can't have showers anymore..."

and shite like that.

But while that may not seem magickal... it was, because we were able to play some amazing music with friends....and thank the GODS for Dre & Max....we can hang out with them at their home with Jay & Abby and Lorie & Chris...and eat drink and be merry....and have SHOWERS :)

It was a bit blustery and windy and chilly today...I have a wind burned face....
and tired feet and achy body...but it was great to play with Empty Hat's new fiddler, Darren, who came to listen to us and have some fun...

Also....
Some amazing stuff was ....Maria (the Queen at the Sterling faire) was here today and came to our shows...and I called her up to sing "Katie Sings' with us (which was beautiful)....

And BONUS....

Jay & Abby (The Harper & the Minstrel) and we played "Our Mother the Mountain" tonight for our pubsin piece and it was ORGASMIC.

I swear I needed a cigarette afterward....

and I don't even fucking smoke anymore.

Love you...

signing off....
from a couch filled with friends, full bellies of pasta and meatballs and tequilla and beers....
and listening to Max play some great jazz....Abby & I are on Internet catching up...Harry and Jay are zoning out....and the bed is calling me....

I'm TIRED.

OH!

And ....

MISS WISCONSIN came to several of our shows today :)

I am off to LalaLand....
and snuggles....
and back to faire on the morrow.

Gods willing and the Creek don't rise.

Goodnite from moon lit Cape Coral.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I was giggling my ass off over how grumpy you and I were this morn.... BEFORE the serenading.this is why boys adore us... Ugh.