Magic Beans

So, what have I learned through my past 2 weeks of Dumpster Days?

1)   I need to commit about an hour a day to a project I hate to make it go away.

2)  Clutter magically grows, especially when you live with a Magic Bean man like Harry.
      I have decided that Harry is, indeed, most like a Magic Bean.
     He can make something grow from nothing.
     Whether it be music, or sound systems or sculptures, or jobs....

and that's really great! I mean, there's nobody I'd rather have on my Zombie Apocolypse team than Harry "Squeeks" Fuller.

You see, if you take a Magic Bean (whether you know it is Magic or not....)
and you leave it somewhere,
whether or not you ever think of it again.....
it will GROW.

And you have to decide what will live or die with a rapid growing plant.....which could turn invasive if you just let it grow without trimming the plant.
You see....
One piece of clutter....
NOT MONITORED.....
will grow into a nightmare of a jungle ivy in a matter of a very short period of time.

3) I've learned also that a big pile of clutter....
    WILL go away....
    one bit by one piece,
   if you are dedicated and you keep at it. (See #1) .

4) I'm heavier.
Someone even said, "I like you meatier." (Meatier?! Oy. )
While I've grown muscles, I've also not bothered with counting calories nor my health routine. I have actually "bulked up" for the task, without knowing it. I don't like the extra weight, but it does move truck wheel rims and scrap metal. I've also leaned on my several glasses of wine in the evening.
The food and wine have been used medicinally, methinks.
You know, like when you get overwhelmed and cry and then drink? Or eat something? Like that....)

5) There's a lot left to do, but I'm gonna have to wait on it for a bit and just keep policing what was done, and keep circling the perimeter daily and patrol the area.
Pruning little suckers.
It's the only way.
It's those creeping magic beans.

 
6) If you want something done, you've got to do it yourself.
     Period.

7) You are a lot stronger than you think you are.

8) By NOT stopping Wayne from cluttering, I am in fact, ALLOWING it.

9) I've also learned that 3 is a magic number.
Not bitching.
No.
Just firm repeated simple statements.
And follow up.
Lots of personal follow up.

I'm very glad you were all here for it. I know I've been "prolific" (that's a nice way of saying that my 1 story a day has jammed your email. ) But in return, I also had lots of comments and emails back from you re: this Dumpster Day series.
One reader wanted me to make it an "annual" thing. as it also inspired them to clean.
Another reader likened Harry to be under a magical hoarding spell which turned him into Wayne the toad.

And really....both the Prince and the Toad live in every man.
It's up to us to break the spell of the evil enchantment.

Its not that either one is better or worse, it just IS..

Much like the Sinner and the Saint live in each of us.....

and the Whore and the Madonna live in every woman.

We all learn lessons along the way.

And you know what?

I've been being the being the good Saint Madonna for awhile now.

I think it's time for a change :)

Thanks for listening~

No comments: